Tuesday, 28 November 2017
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
Ref. No. 161/AIB/P/17 Dt. 28.11.17
Sh. S. Ramesh,
Member (Admn), CBEC,
North Block, New Delhi.
Sub: DPC for the post of Asstt. Commissioner for the year 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19.
Kindly refer to the Ref. No. 31/P/17 Dt. 28.02.17, 39/P/17 Dt. 10.03.17, 53/AIB/P/17 Dt. 16.03.17, 51/AIB/DPC/17 Dt. 02.08.17 etc. of the Association.
2. It is submitted with due regards that the promotions have not been affected against the promotional quota in respect of regular/permanent posts in the last DPC. Thus, 230+200+230+104=764 posts are to be added in the DPC for promotion of our officers against the promotional quota in respect of regular/permanent posts.
3. It is further submitted that the DPC for the years 2014-15 and 2015-16 has been done for 1261 posts but promotion orders have been issued merely for 844 officers in all. Thus, 417 (1261-844) posts are also to be added for the DPC. Final figure is to be reached by also adding all retirements, VRS, demise etc. against temporary posts.
4. It is also worth to submit that the officers promoted against temporary posts have also not been moved upwards against regular posts which is required to be done immediately. This will increase the number of promotional posts at temporary level.
5. It is further submitted that the DPC for a financial year should be conducted well in advance latest by the month of January of the preceding year as per the DOPT OMs No. 22011/1/2011-Estt.(D) Dt. 23.04.15, 22011/9/98-Estt (D) Dt. 08.09.98, 22011/1/2011-Estt (D) Dt. 11.03.11, 22011/1/2011-Estt (D) Dt. 13.12.13, 22011/1/2011-Esstt(D) Dt. 27.10.16 etc. Accordingly, the DPC for the year 2016-17 and 2017-18 should have been conducted in the months of January, 2016 and January, 2017 respectively and the DPC for the year 2018-19 is also due in the month of January, 2018.
6. It is also worth to mention that the chain vacancies on account of cascading effect from higher side are also required to be included for the promotion to the post of Asstt. Commissioner as per the DOPT OM No. 22011/9/98-Estt(D) Dt. 06.10.99. It is clearly mentioned in this OM that the existing and clear anticipated vacancies as well as chain vacancies on account of retirements, promotions, VRS, demise etc. in all higher grades/hierarchy should be included for the purpose of DPC.
7. The last cadre restructuring was notified in the month of December, 2013 whereas Ist DPC based on it was held in the month of October, 2014, i.e., approximately after 1 year. Accordingly, the period of 5 years for existence of temporary post may kindly be counted from October, 2014 as already requested. Not only it, due steps may also be taken to further extend and make these posts permanent as a part of separate service for group B Central Excise executive officers by adding sufficient number of posts at each level on the lines of CSS.
8. However as per the scenario as on date, the temporary posts of Asstt. Commissioner will lapse in the month of December, 2018. Our officers are forced to retire every month without promotion despite of thousands of promotional posts being in hand. Not only it, the GST work is also being suffered by keeping so huge number of posts vacant at Group ‘A’ entry level.
9. Your kind attention is also invited to the RTI reply given vide F. No. 8/B/03/HRD (HRM)/2014/Pt. 1/16445 Dt. 07.11.17 saying that CBEC is having 11, 1, 72, 4, 405 & 1374 posts vacant respectively at the level of PCC, CC, PC, Commissioner, ADC/JC & DC/AC as on 06.11.17. No need to say that the vacancies for the period from 07.11.17 to 31.03.18 are also to be added to it for the year 2017-18.
10. The provisions under GFR 254 of 2005 also say that the vacant posts on account of the want of eligible officers at higher levels can be operated at lower level. Accordingly, the vacant posts at higher levels may be operated at JTS level. This point was also raised by the Association in the meeting of 04.03.14 chaired by the then Chairperson of CBEC and it was decided & minuted in the minutes issued vide F. No. 8/B/49/HRD(HRM)/2014 Dt. 26.03.14 by the ADG (HRM) and dispatched vide No. 1272 to 1275 Dt. 26.03.14 that the position can be reviewed after one year of the implementation of the cadre restructuring. Now, this is the right time to review the position.
11. In view of the above, it is requested to convene DPC for the years 2016-17 & 2017-18 at an early date against all unfilled/existing/anticipated posts of Asstt. Commissioner including promotion quota against regular/permanent posts, retirements, VRS, demise, backlog etc. vacancies as our officers are forced to retire waiting for the rarest IInd promotion in the career. Immediate steps may also kindly be taken for making upward movement (against regular/permanent posts) of the officers promoted against temporary posts to benefit the maximum number of our officers. Due preparations may kindly be made for the DPC for the year 2018-19 which is due in the month of January, 2018. Para 6, 7 and 10 above may also kindly be given due consideration to benefit our regularly retiring officers.
Copy with the request for necessary action to:
(1) The Chairperson, CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
(2) The Finance Secretary, North Block, New Delhi.