Monday, 26 February 2018
Central Excise promotee Group 'A' officers are member of AIACEGEO
I am getting regular queries about the Central Excise promotee group 'A' officers to be member of the Association. It is to clarify in this regard that the Central Excise promotee group 'A' officers are very well the member of AIACEGEO. All willing Central Excise promotee group 'A' officers may have the membership of AIACEGEO as already resolved and confirmed at three consecutive General Body Meetings held at Jaipur, Daman and Gandhidham. No need to say that all the office bearers of so called Promotee IRS Officers were also the party to the said resolution adopted at Daman. It is also worth to note that many promotee IRS Officers are already paying membership contribution by check-up system to AIACEGEO. The chronology of the events to this effect is as under-
1. On 01.11.2014, Convention and General Body Meeting of AIACEGEO was held at Daman. The then President of AIACEGEO, Shri Lokanath Mishra presided over the meeting. Shri Lokanath Mishra was Asst. Commissioner at that time. In the Convention, it was resolved to include Gr-A IRS Officers promoted from the cadre of Superintendent of Central Excise as members of the Association along with Superintendents of Central Excise.
2. One IRS (C&EC) Promotee Officers Welfare Association was created by Adhoc Promotee Officers at Bhubaneswar during the month of December, 2014, Shri A. K. Sharma was President and Shri Lokanath Mishra was Secretary General of this welfare Association. Adhoc Bye Laws were adopted by this Welfare Association and according to these Bye Laws, the President and Secretary General of AIACEGEO are ex-officio executive members of this welfare association.
3. Promotee Adhoc Officers can not form any service Association as per Service Association Recognition Rules. Hence, the Adhoc promotee officers formed this welfare association and not a service association. Many retired officers are also members of this association.
4. As per our information, the IRS Promotee Officers Welfare Association is still continuing and Shri Lokanath Mishra is still Secretary General of this Welfare Association, retired officers also being the members of this Association.
5. Many promotee Asst. Commissioners joined Daman Convention as delegates, e.g., Sh. R. C. Sharma & Ms. Varasha Kolhatkar (Mumbai), Sh. S. K. Patil (Pune), Sh. A. S. Roy ( Kolkata), Sh. S. Deb ( Shillong), Sh. Rajan George (Karala), Sh. N. Swamy (Bangalore), Sh. B. Chakravorthy, Sh. R. L. Sampath, Sh. Chandrasekaran (Chennai), Sh. Lokanath Mishra and Sh. N. Pradhan (Bhubaneswar), Sh. Hiralal Giri (Raipur), Sh. S. K.Pareek ( Jaipur) etc. Sh. B. Chakravorthy, Asst. Commissioner, drafted the minutes of this meeting. In the minutes prepared by B. Chakravorthy, it is clearly mentioned about the amendment of Constitution to include Group-A officers promoted from the cadre of Superintendent of Central Excise to be members of the AIACEGEO.6. As far as the formation of the service association by ad hoc officers is concerned, ad hoc promotees can not form any service association. Clarification of the govt. to this effect is as follows saying that association membership of such officers would not change on promotion-