Tuesday, 13 February 2018
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
Ref. No. 39/AIB/G/18 Dt. 13.02.18
Sh. M. K. Gupta,
Under Secretary, Ad.IIA, CBEC,
North Block, New Delhi.
Sub: Grievance Petition of All India Association of Central Excise Gazetted Executive Officers (Registration No. PMOPG/E/2017/0618437 Dt. 04.1.17)-reg.
Kindly refer to your letter F.No.A-26017/237/2017-Ad.IIA Dt. 07.02.18.
2. The following grievances were registered at PMO portal-
(i) DPC for the year 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19 for the post of Asstt. Commissioner in CBEC-being forwarded to Under Secretary Ad.II.
(ii) Initial pay scale to Central Excise Superintendent at par with DSP of CBI alongwith other perks & allowances etc.-under process.
(iii) Batch to batch Non Functional Financial Upgradation to our officers to grant at least financial parity with the best placed counterparts of CSS etc.-under process.
(iv) Non-functional time scale in PB3 to Central Excise Superintendents like other counterparts instead of PB2 after 4 years of service-under process.
(v) Next promotion of Central Excise Superintendent to STS like other group ‘B’ gazetted officers of Central as well as State Governments and weightage of group ‘B’ service-under process.
(vi) Flexible Complementary Promotion/Dynamic Assured Career Progression Scheme to improve the career prospects of Central Excise Superintendents to grant minimum 5 functional promotions as our officers are retiring with single promotion in the service career of 35-40 years (Cabinet also approved to bring a scheme to remove the stagnation of group ‘B’ Central Excise executive officers independent of cadre restructuring)-under process.
(vii) Implementation of the CBEC circular issued vide F. No. A-26017/44/94-Ad II (A) Dt. 08.03.95 regarding arrears of pay-disposed of.
(viii) Implementation of para 7.15.24 of 6th CPC report in light of UO No. 6/37/98-IC Dt. 24.11.14 of Expenditure-not recommended by 7th CPC.
(ix) Undoing of MACP irregularities (para 8.1, upgradation in promotional hierarchy and offsetting of MACP upgradation with time scale) as our officers were able to get the grade pay of Rs. 5400/- in PB3 after 24 years of service under ACPS while now getting the same after 30 years of service under MACPS-DOPT is nodal department.
(x) Uniform promotional hierarchy for all Group ‘B’ officers across all departments/ministries in Govt. of India and merger of Level 9 and 10-promotional hierarchy is not necessary to be uniformed.
(xi) Finalisation of RRs as per the verdict given in OA No. 2323/2012 by Principal Bench of Hon’ble CAT-under process.
(xii) Upgradation of posts scales like state governments under GST-being forwarded to Under Secretary Ad.IVA.
(xiii) Infrastructure and office space-being forwarded to Under Secretary Ad.III.
(The status shown by your goodself is mentioned in italics against every grievance)
3. Against point (ii) to (vi) and (xi), the issues have been mentioned as “under process”. It is requested that all of the issues may kindly be redressed in time bound manner. No need to say that all are long pending and minuted issues but unredressed for very long.
4. Against point (i), (xii) and (xiii), the issues have been mentioned as “being forwarded to the concerned Under Secretary”. It is requested to kindly forward the issues to the concerned Under Secretaries at an early date to be redressed in time bound manner. No need to say that all are long pending and minuted issues but unredressed for very long.
5. Against point (vii), the issue has been mentioned as “disposed of” but unfortunately, the position has not been mentioned correctly as this issue is yet to be disposed of. It is requested to kindly redress the issue at an early date in time bound manner. No need to say that this issue is unfortunately the longest pending of all grievances mentioned in your letter and minuted one but still unredressed.
6. Against point (viii), the issue has been mentioned as “not recommended by 7th CPC”. Very unfortunately, the position regarding this grievance has also not been mentioned correctly as this was not required to be recommended by 7th CPC because of already being a recommended issue by 6th CPC. Not only it, it had also been accepted by the competent authority in Expenditure but couldn’t be implemented due to an irrelevant remark of the then Under Secretary in Expenditure to send it to 7th CPC. It is requested to kindly redress the issue at an early date in time bound manner. No need to say that this issue is also a minuted one but is unredressed since very long.
7. Against point (ix), the issue has been mentioned as “DOPT is nodal department”. It is requested to kindly forward the issue at an early date to DOPT for redressal in time bound manner. No need to say that this issue is also a minuted one but unredressed since very long.
8. Against point (x), the issue has been mentioned as “promotional hierarchy is not necessary to be uniformed”. Very unfortunately, the position regarding this grievance has also not been mentioned correctly as this issue is already a recommended issue by CBEC itself. Merger of Level 9 and 10 is also a recommended issue by CBEC. It is requested to kindly get both the issues redressed at an early date in time bound manner. No need to say that these issues are also the minuted ones but unredressed since very long.
9. Submitted for kind and early redressal please.
Copy with the request for necessary action to:
1) PMO Grievance Portal.
2) Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, PMO, South Block, New Delhi.
3) The Finance Secretary, North Block, New Delhi.
4) The Chairperson, CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
5) The Member (Admn), CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
6) The Under Secretary Ad.II, CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
7) The Under Secretary Ad.IVA, CBEC, Hudco Vishala Building, New Delhi.
8) The Under Secretary Ad.III, CBEC, Hudco Vishala Building, New Delhi.