Thursday, 15 March 2018
Inclusion of the transition year of 2018 in DPC
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
Ref. No. 66/AIB/D/18 Dt. 15.03.18
Member (Admn), CBEC,
North Block, New Delhi.
Sub: DPC for the post of Asstt. Commissioner.
Kindly refer to-
i) Letter F. No. 8/B/112/HRD(HRM)/2015/Part-IV Dt. 09.03.17/18.
ii) Letter F. No. 8/B/112/HRD(HRM)/2015/Part-V Dt. 14.03.17/18.
iii) Various requests of the Association on the issue.
2. First of all, great thanks to your goodself and whole administration including all concerned authorities to initiate the process.
3. With due regards, it is to submit further that it is mentioned in the above referred letters of DG, HRD that the DPC is to be conducted for the vacancy years of 2016-17 and 2017-18 only. No mention has been made there for the DPC for the transition year of 2018 covering the period of 01.04.18 to 31.12.18.
4. In this regard, the following submissions are worth to be brought to your kind attention-
(i) The DPC is being conducted for long term vacancies of Asstt. Commissioner existing for more than one year instead of short term vacancies existing for less than one year.
(ii) The promotion orders are to be issued on ad-hoc basis due to some court cases instead of short term nature of the vacancies.
(iii) The due procedure is being followed for DPC as required for regular promotions.
5. In view of the above, it is requested to include the transition year of 2018 also for the said DPC to benefit the maximum number of our officers for which the DPC process was/is also to be finalized during the period of 01.01.18 to 31.03.18.
Copy with the request for necessary action to:
1) The Finance Secretary, North Block, New Delhi.
2) The Chairperson, CBEC, North Block, New Delhi.
3) DG, HRD, CBEC, New Delhi.
4) ADG, HRD (HRM-I), CBEC, New Delhi.