Thursday, 19 July 2018
Unwarranted police action against our Inspector
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
Ref. No. 183/AIB/A/18 Dt. 19.07.18
The Chief Commissioner (Lucknow Zone),
Central Tax, GST, Lucknow.
Sub: Unwarranted police action against our Inspector.
As this Association came to know, it is to submit with due regards that one of our Inspectors, namely Sh. L. B. Pandey, posted at Barabanki was mal-treated by the local police on the insistence of our Asstt. Commissioner in charge of Barabanki Division, namely Ms. Arnika Yadav. Both officers have submitted their version to the administration. Sh. Pandey has also been transferred to Sitapur from Barabanki. Both Associations, Inspectors as well as IRS, have demanded to take due action against the guilty in the matter. No need to say that this incident is being highlighted by the media resulting in the bad name to our CBIC.
2. It has already been observed by our own Finance Secretary that we are far behind the State GST officers in implementing and furthering of GST. The process for next cadre restructuring has also been started in CBIC and we don’t know how many grade wise posts would remain for our officers after reviewing functional requirement under GST as a result of cadre restructuring and what would be our fate regarding career prospects as well as existence. No need to say that we all fought all-unitedly at the time of the implementation of the GST for our existence and were very well successful in protecting the existing posts.
3. But now, the above issue is being projected as the fight between the IRS officers and staffside perhaps due to the clash of egos. We don’t know whether it would result into further damage as well as bad name to our CBIC or the matter would be resolved amicably without being prey of any ego or fight between cadres. It seems better that we should fight all-unitedly for better service conditions and career prospects instead of infightings. No need to say that all Group A, B and C officers would have to work in tandem for the same. We all have not to forget that it’s our fight for existence to bring back our old glory. We have to refrain ourselves from anything which may give the bad image to our organization namely CBIC. The ego of any individual or group can never be above our service and department. No need to say that the mistrust and oppression from any side would make the ground situation worse, tense and unworkable by spoiling the atmosphere. By this, the State GST officials will get all benefits pushing us far behind.
4. In view of the above, it is requested that the issue may kindly be settled amicably by conducting impartial and independent enquiry without further damage.
1) The Member (Admn), CBIC, North Block, New Delhi.
2) The Chairman, CBIC, North Block, New Delhi.