Tuesday, 3 April 2018
ALL INDIA ASSOCIATION OF CENTRAL EXCISE
Ref. No. 99/AIB/P/18 Dt. 04.04.18
DOPT, North Block,
Sub: Benchmark for MACP upgradation.
Kindly refer to the Ref. No. 03/AIB/B/17 Dt. 03.01.18 and 83/AIB/G/18 Dt. 30.03.18 of the Association.
2. Your kind attention is also invited to the Circular No. 107/E-9/Estt.-I/DHC Dt 27.01.18 of the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi (enclosed herewith) implementing ‘Very Good’ benchmark w.e.f. 01.01.18.
3. With due regards, it is to submit again that the benchmark for MACP upgradation has been prescribed to be “very good” for all posts w.e.f. 25.07.16 vide DOPT OM No. 35034/3/2015-Estt(D) Dt. 28.09.16.
4. The clarification given to CBEC by the DOPT on the issue says that the officers having post 2009 ACRs/APARs with at least “very good” grading now would only be eligible to get MACP upgradation.
5. No need to say that new condition would make it difficult for employees to avail MACP upgradation because the change of benchmark from ‘Good’ to ‘Very Good’ should only have prospective effect as many employees may find it impossible to meet the benchmark based on the said change.
6. Thus, the grant of MACP upgradation on the basis of the reports of earlier years when the said stipulation of ‘Very Good’ was not in existence must be calibrated on the basis of the earlier stipulation of the benchmark being `Good’.
7. In the clarification given to the CBEC by the DOPT, it has also been mentioned that there is no question of allowing IInd opportunity of representation against the APAR which are post-2009 as these are already disclosed to the employees. Regarding this, it is to submit that the benchmark was ‘good’ at the time of said disclosure. The benchmark has been changed to ‘very good’ vide the DOPT OM No. 35034/3/2015-Estt(D) Dt. 28.09.16 only. Accordingly, this provision needs to be reviewed.
8. In view of the above, it is requested to review the DOPT OM No. 35034/3/2015-Estt(D) Dt. 28.09.16 and implement the ‘Very Good’ benchmark w.e.f. 01.01.18 only as done in the Hon’ble High Court of Delhi.
Encl: As above.